Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardy Banana zone 5

Posted by bridget_obrien72 none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 23:15

I am about to receive a hardy banana plant through a reputable online seller but it is coming in the next week and I live close to Chicago which is still a bit chilly. It is ok to put in the ground now or should I wait another month and nurture it inside? I thank anyone in advance willing to respond, I just don't want to put something in the ground that is bound to die :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardy Banana zone 5

How big is the banana? Do you have any more frosts expected? I would put it in the ground as early as possible as long as there will be no more frosts. Otherwise I would leave it in the pot until all frosts are over.

Z

o
RE: Hardy Banana zone 5

No plant it after your last frost date, probably around mothers day

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here