Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's up with bananas.org?

Posted by Waiting 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 1:54

I'd like to join but paypal says the recipient can't receive money. So I can't post or send messages.

gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's up with bananas.org?

I did not join because i think it is deceptive to get you to register then after tell you need to pay to use the site.

The site is already loaded with ads.

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 11:18

yeah Im not paying either. good people there with lots of info though. I just wish this forum would pick up a bit.

o

Mksmth, best I can tell, from old post here most people there used to be here.

It is slow here but it seems to be picking up.

Randy

o

• Posted by bamatufa 7 - Trussville, AL (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 20:29

Yea I wish this forum would pick up a bit also. However its been busy recently.Maybe with the new fee based access many will jump over.

o

I recently signed up to use that site and then saw they wanted $5 to post. No thanks, on principal alone. I use many forums for all the things I grow and I'm totally fine with ads as I'm not paying for the site to use it, but ads and cash? Come on, all other forums I've seen run ads and ask for donations. I plan on donating to the sites I've consistently used, but won't give money to one I can't tell if I'll use or not. I use forums based on the people posting and how friendly, helpful, they are and the general atmosphere of a board. I can't know about that unless I can post and try it out.

I'm a banana noob though, so I can't contribute much in the way of help for others, but I've been lurking here as the information is just as good as over there. Maybe I'll be able to contribute more in the future!

o

Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 16:32

I will say that the types of forum that they use and the new one that some of the tropical fruit members started is much more user friendly that this one.

Mike

o

Use Firefox and the add-on Adblock Plus. No more ads on any website.

o

@love the yard, The reason free websites are free is because of ads. So not only do I not use Adblock, but sometimes I'll click on an ad. Clicks generate revenue, so I'm supporting the sites that way.

o

• Posted by bamatufa 7 - Trussville, AL (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 12:28

I agree.Ads support the website and I have no problem with it as
long as the ads are not too agressive and interfere with viewing the content.

o

Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 17:55

I believe the site is now free

http://www.bananas.org/f5/bananas-org-free-now-how-long-15326.html

mike

o

An expected change. I suspect their new membership fell off and forums must have new blood to stay fresh.

o

I think everyone has gone to banana org now that the charge for joining has been dropped.

o

It is a great forum that I belong to. They tried the $5 dollar subscription for awhile, but dropped it. It is free and well worth joining.

o

what the heck are you people talking about. I have been a member on there in 2008 you don't need to pay for anything.

o
RE: nothing's wrong

what the heck are you talking about having to pay? I have been a member since 2008. you don't have to pay for anything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here