Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any 5-6ers with dwarfavendish or dwarf red

Posted by jakizzle63 outdoor 5-6 indoor 1 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 07 at 14:52

i have a dwarf cavendish and a dwarf red comeing hopfully by the end of this week. im going to keep them potted but i might put them in the ground for the summer. anyone in zone 5-6 have one out side..its going to go outside either way but i might keep it in the pot year round or in the ground for summer and potted indoors for winter. i have never had bananas before so any suggestions are welcome.

thank you
jake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any 5-6ers with dwarfavendish or dwarf red

Jake,,I have been planting bananas outdoors for 4 years now. Its simple,. I just dig a hole 2 or 3 times the size of the pot. Fill with good potting soil, then remove from pot and thats all it takes. Be sure not to plant it too early. The lowest temp for the cavendish would be around 48-50 degrees. So I plant mine here in northern Ohio about the third week of May. Then watch it take off. Then in early October I dig them back up and repot. It may take a pot twice the size of the one you had it in before planting it. Good luck,,Bill

o
RE: any 5-6ers with dwarf cavendish or dwarf red

thanks bill...when i get my plants ill post some pictures and keep it updated all season with its progress. any other things i should know please let me know

thank you
jake

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here