Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mulching Musa Basjoo's!!!!

Posted by diana55 z8 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 07 at 22:59

What kind of "Mulch" should I use for Musa Basjoo's? I live in Zone 8 and what do you recommend for my Banana's next winter? Should I buy the store bought mulch? I want to get ahead of the game for next year. I mulched his winter and there are no signs of them coming back yet!!! I sure hope hey do!!! If not that's okay because I bought some new Banana's today, just incase they don't. Thank you!!! Diana55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mulching Musa Basjoo's!!!!

• Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 24, 07 at 23:55

Hey!! Congrats on your new bananas.. What did you get??? As far as mulch goes ..use what is native to your area.. leaf mold, grass clippings, chopped up banana leaves...Think of the forest floor or tropics what falls and lays there is mulch..
Chena

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here