Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just how much heat/sunshine can ensete maureliis get?

Posted by summerandjosh 7 (My Page) on
Wed, May 13, 09 at 14:09

Does anyone have a recommendation or experience that they could share? I live in West Texas, last week it was 106* for 3 days in a row. I had my bananas in a spot (in pots) where they only received direct sunshine on them from about 10 am to 1 pm. (They got a little wilty, but so did everything from the sudden heat wave) I have cut down some trees in the yard and was wondering if I could put them in a place (plant them in ground) where the sun shines from about 10 am to 5/6 pm? My only fear is that it will be too much for them and they will burn because the sunshine here can be pretty fierce. I was hoping if I maybe watered early morning and mid afternoon they would be okay. I have set their pots in the spots that I would like to plant them, but it's only been a day of 102* yesterday and I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had a similar experience. Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated... Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just how much heat/sunshine can ensete maureliis get?

As long as the roots stay cooler and moist the heat and sun should not a problem - but can you realistically water your plants multiple times a day? Maybe a soaker hose on a timer makes sense????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here