Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smittee_gw

a personal thanks to all of you

smittee
13 years ago

To my many friends, I have not read or posted anything for almost two months and I feel all yall would like and explanation. It is with a grateful heart that I can give you one and give all the glory to our God. I am and my life is a miracle.

My time line is vague but you will understand in a bit .

about the first of April, My doctor decided, after 6 months of pain, to remove my gallbladder. she made an appointment with a cardiologist to make sure my heart could with stand the surgery. I am a diabetic. On the day I was to see the cardiologist my sugar shot up to 400, I was taken to E R and was admitted. After several days my sugar was down so they did the heart cath. and got clearance for surgery. They did the surgery. It went well. while recovering, still in the hospital I had a panic attack. Oh that was the most horrible experience I cried and screamed for no reason ...and then it stopped. I think with the help of a medication.

finally I came home Sunday evening. Monday was slow and a hard day. Tuesday I got up and came into the living room and turned on my computer. I was chatting with my neighbor 2 doors down., my lip started to twitch and before I finished telling he about it she was standing in my door way. they rushed to the hospital where I had had my surgery, the put me in an ambulance and rushed me to LAKEAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER to the ICU ward. I had a 3 " bleed in my brain. I had suffered a stroke. after 3 days in ICU I was transferred to the stoke unit. A few days later the went to release me. I was sitting on my bed and the nurse handed me my discharge papers to sign. I reached for the pen, my hand slowly passed by my face ........the next thing I knew I was being transferred from the Cat scan machine back to the transport gurney and returned to my room for serveral more days. I had suffered a GRAND MAL SIEZURE ,When I did come home I had to return to the E R as the seizure med was causing all kinds of side effects. Then I had to make a special trip to my pain management doc to have my chronic pain med adjusted.

So finially I was able to home and rest. I laid down to ,rest My daughter came in and said I needed to come in the living run. I have to tell you I was very tired and very very week but she insisted so with my walker I stumbled into the living and found there on my couch was my daughter Darcy and her friend who I had not seen in 6 YEARS!! I Screamed with pleasure and scolded her that I had had a stroke , a seizure , was she trying to give me a heart attack, we all laughed. they stayed a week. They help me catch up on my gardening.

I am recovering slowly ....I had so many emails I could deal with them, so I deleted them all

My doctor in ICU , a Neurologist said HERE IS THE MIRACLE that in 30+year he had had only 1 other patient with a bleed the size of my where the patient was not permanently disabled. My God is good He is real and He is alive and well on planet earth.

Im still week and my words get switched and I have pause in my thought pattern when I am talking.

75% of plants are in self watering buckets THEY ALL SURVIVED! I LOST 3 fig the other 3 were are growing good - these were grown from cuttings sent to me from the keys, star fruit tree doing well, all of the ÂStick Tomatoes germinated and are growing, I am sorry I cant remember the names of who sent what, but I am grateful. The Doc says as soon as brain swelling goes down MOST of memory will come back

I love you all

Ssmittee