My bananas

Posted by pisco 6 (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 21:47

Anyone in Nj that wants to buy banana plants email me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My bananas

What kind is that?
So did you over winter it right after it bloomed?

Chris

o

They are Musa "Gran Nain" and I have them in my greenhouse all winter

o

Musa Grain Nain is one of the varieties that I just recently purchased. I have a greenhouse but I don't believe I will be able to overwinter my banana plants in it, way too cold here.

Do you plant your banana plants in the ground and then dig them up before winter? Is it hard to dig up banana plants and not harm the roots?

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to overwinter my banana plants.

o

All my banana plants are in 18" and 24" pots .
My greenhouse is 10' hight ,fits 5 banana pants the small ones got to the basement

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here