Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Time to Divide?

Posted by bjb817 TX 8a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 19, 10 at 0:28

I have two decent sized clumps of MB I'd like to divide, but don't want to risk harming the plants by doing so in the heat of summer.

Would it be better to wait until later in the year, next spring or is now ok?

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Time to Divide?

You can divide them now and place the pups in the shade for a week or so. They are very resilient buggers.

o

I've had bad results from dividing in the fall, they seem weakened and more prone to rot.

o

I wondered about issues like that in the fall.

I gather early spring as they're just starting to put out new growth is the best time to transplant/divide?

o

My banana has a couple of pups and I was wondering how tall they need to be before separating them?

Banana Tree

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here