Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying Plants

Posted by larry_joliet 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 2, 09 at 2:22

I wanted to know if anyone around Joliet or any towns close by had a local place that they bought plants? I have one Basjoo and was possible looking for another. I know someone told me that Menard's had them last year, and I looked and looked and they didn't have them this year. Also maybe another one for the house.
thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying Plants

Larry
Joliet Illinois? They sell basjoo (though not in the best shape) at a nursury in Tinley Park called "ted's greenhouse." If you google search that you'll get their website which has their address.

Lowes in Naperville was also selling basjoo last year, but I have not seen any there this year.

Which menard's was selling it btw?

o
RE: Buying Plants

Yes Joliet,Illinois. It was the Menard's in Joliet on Jefferson. Same as Lowes, I was there a few times and didn't see any. My roommate told me about them so like 2-3 days later we went to go get one and they were all gone. I will have to look up Ted's and stop there sometime. I wounder why if Lowes and Menard's both sold them and they went....why they didn't get them again???
Oh well, I guess I will just deal with the small one I have and keep looking

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here