Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
want a banana tree

Posted by james378 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 11, 06 at 9:00

I just purchased my first new home and never had a place where I tought I could grow plants now I do and want to get started. So would anyone be interested in helping me get started.

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: want a banana tree

Ebay, is a great place to get a Banana Plant, usually they include Instructions, with the Plant! Good Luck!!

o

Thanks Frank never tought of that.

Thanks
James

o

Visit your local Lowe's or similar home improvement store. The plant/garden sections often carry dwarf Cavendish or other bananas, and small ones (which grow fast outdoors) are inexpensive.

o

I had great luck on Ebay, with a seller from Texas (gardeningdeb2345). I ordered seven musa basjoo in February and they came through the mail looking great. They're planted outside now and doing well so far. They were $6 a piece if I remember correctly.

o

I would also suggest riding around your town and see if anyone else has bananas. If you find someone with them I'm sure that they would be glad to share a couple. I give them away frequently but I make the people promise to dig them up and store them over the winter. If they do that then they will still have bananas next year. If they don't and they come back the next year wanting another then I know they have not caught the banana fever and I respectfully tell them that I don't have any extra. So, ride around and you may be surprised. You also could contact Stokes Tropicals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here