Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Banana Fruiting

Posted by rnb0015 z7 TX (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 1, 06 at 14:40

I have a banana that is flowering and has one set of hands. I read on a website that the banana won't fruit any more. Is this true? It also doesn't have any leaves or pups coming up. So did I get a one shot deal? lol

Thanks,

Rachel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Banana Fruiting

Forgot to say that it did have a pup on it when we bought it (it was bare root) but it hasn't came up yet.

Rachel

o

The stalk that is fruiting will not produce again. That is a one time thing but when you cut this bunch off cut that stalk back to the base and let two or no more than three new (pups) stalks come back up and each will have the potential to produce another bunch of bananas. I had about 10 varieties at my fruit tree nursery in Hawaii. Been 10 years now since I have got my machete black with banana sap. That stuff stains everything including all clothing so wear old clothes when working with your naners:)
Enjoy David a garden center manager at Canyon Lake

o

Thanks so much for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here