Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WalMart Bananas

Posted by pitangadiego San Diego, CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 7, 06 at 22:22

Local WalMart had some very nice looking banana plants tonight for $19 - but varieties were "iffy", labeled as FHIA, KAFI (Kofi?), and HUA MOA.

So if you ant a pig in a poke...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WalMart Bananas

I've always looked around the local walmarts around here to see what kind of stuff they have. Have not seen any bananas. Out of curiosity, most of the shrubs and bushes and trees are very low zone stuff. All of the stuff I've seen could survive zone 4 or lower. No cutting edge stuff or zone 6 stuff. Just plain ordinary stuff. Will have to keep my eyes open for bananas, lol.

o

• Posted by vibez 10 oceanside,ca (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 7, 06 at 23:32

Cool I'll have to check them out. Last time I was there they only had one called Rojo banana.

o

I picked up a banana plant there last week, a small one for $3.98 called Super Dwarf. Im not sure if Ill be able to tell what variety it really will be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here