Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
now growing faster than before

Posted by lee466 z6b (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 23:56

I have a banana that didn't grow for 6 months, and it produced 1 leaf at the begining of april, and then stopped for 2 months, and this month it started to produce a new leaf about a week ago, and it fully opened 3 days ago, and today I found a new leaf coming up, before when a leaf came completely out, it took a week to see any signs of a new leaf. It is now growing over twice as fast, instead of producing 2 fully open leaves in 3 weeks, i'm now getting one fully open leaf per week, I hope it keeps growing fast.
Lee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: now growing faster than before

They respond well to the brighter light and warmer temperatures this time of year. You can fertilize now if you haven't been, and that will help it grow even faster. Don't fertilize in the winter though.

o
RE: now growing faster than before

I've been fertilizing it, and i've been putting oak mulch around it. It is getting bright light about 10 hours a day, and the highs are staying near 90 degrees, and the lows are getting 60-70 degrees. I won't fertilize in winter.
Lee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here