Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevin_ch1

Help! Burnt Rose leaves.

kevin_ch1
17 years ago

My 8 foot potted Rose Banana plant leaves are turning brown, drooping and dieing. They are not just the lower leaves, but the upper portion of the plant as well. IÂve had it for a few years, with good growth. The whole dieing process slowly started about 4 months ago. IÂve had periods of slow growth, but the dieing process was subtle. I repotted the plant into a much larger pot and it appeared to respond well with new growth and only the lower leaves dieing. Then slowly that got worse, but I believed it was still good because I still had new growth. This on-again, off-again dieing and new growth process has been going on too long. Again, this is upper leaf browning, burning and dieing, as well as the lower portion. I have experimented with moving the banana into direct sun, then when that doesnÂt work, moving it to partial sun. I also experimented with 20-20-20, then 0-0-60 (Potassium) fertilizer. I keep water the banana thoughly about once a week and/or when the soil is dry. I've had occassional scales throughout the years (none now), but I clean them up and spray as usual, so they don't appear to be the problem. There appears to be no consistent benefit. Any comments are welcomed.

Comment (1)