Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
footache

Small Bananas.

footache
16 years ago

I have a Namwah that has just recently started to flower.The first Bananas have appeared, six in total after the third bract opened about the thickness and length of my thumb.Then the Fourth bract opened revealing another six Bananas not much thicker than a pen,then the sixth bract opened revealing Bananas not much thicker than a matchstick.

Any reccomendations on thickening them up.Water more,feed more etc or should I just be Happy with what I get.Thanks in Advance.

Comments (2)

• pitangadiego
    16 years ago

They are definitely stressed from underwatering, underfertilizing, not enough organics, to many pups removed, or removed to close to flowering, other root stress or damage, too many stalks in the mat, crowded roots, too much winter too close to flowering or a combination of things. You cannot change this bunch. You can only fix the problems so that the next bunch does better. Some sources claim that all of this is determined when the plant is still a pup. I can't prove that, but sometimes I see evidence that this might be true.

• footache
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have noticed a very slight increase in the size of the first six since they appeared.Would it be worth keeping just the first six and cutting off the rest of the flower so all the plants energy goes into these.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor