Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a real Dwarf Cavendish

Posted by kanoli z9 No CAL (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 2, 08 at 1:06

I had a monrovia dwarf cavendish die. the tag on the plant said it would grow to 8' or so. Been wanting to replace it and I came across one at Home Depot today. It's labeled as Dwarf Cavendish (Musa Acuminata), says it will grow tasty 5" long fruit.

However, it says it will grow only 3ft tall and 3ft wide.

This is a home depot plant, so, not grower listed. It's in a 5 gal container. The stem is about 16" tall now, and well over 2ft if i include the height of the tallest leaf.

The newest leaf is roughly 16" long, 9" wide. Some scattered red color on the leaves but mostly green.

If it were not for the 3ft tall comment on the description card i'd feel like for sure this is a regular DC. I'm just worried that it migh be a Super Dwarf now.

Anyone seen these at HD or based on description above feel it's a DC or SDC?

Thanks,
kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a real Dwarf Cavendish

Sounds like a super based on the tag. Can you post pics?

Jay

o

THIS IS DEFINATELY A SUPER DWARF CAVENDISH,I BOUGHT MINE FROM THE HOME DEPOT AS WELL,AND IT IS GROWING NICELY.

o

Shoot. does a super dwarf still fruit? I went ahead and planted it but i'll return it if it's not going to fruit. I can order a DC from monrovia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here