Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beaver007_gw

Help end the debate!

beaver007
17 years ago

Myself and a group of freinds are tying to figure out What type of banana plant is this.

Sorry for not posting what I think but I dont want to sway your thoughts.

Hope I get the pictures posted alright.

{{gwi:416253}}

{{gwi:416254}}

Comments (5)

• banana_fun
    17 years ago

looks like musella lasiocarpa to me.

• orchiddude
    17 years ago

same to me

• pitangadiego
    17 years ago

ditto.

• beaver007
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok Here it is! These pictures were sent to me by somebody on another forum.
    Early this year this person on another forum wanted to know how to seperate pups from the parent plant, (Because this person said they were ugly and was just going to throw them out when he got them seperated), So I contacted this person off forum about buying them from him instead of him just tossing them, Well after months of me reading how are we going to do this transaction and me answering repeatedly and then hearing nothing back for awhile then to I'm going to send them this week and then hearing nothing for awhile to ok I'm ready here is the pictures of the pups.
    WELL looky there they have been seperated and transplanted
    and now he was only going to send me three (in case one did not survive being sent UPS) and for the low low price of only 50 bucks "BOINK I dont think so" and they are supposed to be BASJOO's "Double BOINK" they dont look like any of my Basjoo's.
    His DISCRIPTION of the flower was not that good and did not sound like that of a long lasting Musella Lasiocarpa It was more of a generic description that fit 4 different varities of banana plants that I have, So after writing this post I am back to not having a clue what they are.
    And NO I didnt buy them, I have eight different kinds totalling 19 plants and I dont know about you guys but I have never paid anything close to 50 bucks for my plants not even for a five ft saba.
    Thanks for guessing, If Knew more about the plants I would tell you But all I was told is that they were Basjoos and a bad flower discription.
    Sorry this was so long.
    Thanks again!

• oppalm
    17 years ago

I agree they appear to be musella lasiocarpa - I bought a large pot of these at a local KMart store the first week of July 2006 for $5. There must have been 12-15 stalks(?) in the pot. It was huge. They were discounted to get rid of them. They were regualr priced at $21.99 and then 75% off. Bottom line - I don't think $50 for 3 of them is a good deal.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath