Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
banana id

Posted by radio20 z6 - NW PA (rob_2616@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 12:21

Hi friends. I was at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh this weekend, and I came across these fun little 'naners. I absolutely need one of my own.. but I don't know its name! Any help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: banana id

Ensete maurelii.

Only thing I don't like about these is that they do not sucker.

o
RE: banana id

Ensete murelli
Fun? Yes!
Little? No...oh no
They get big!
Magnificent plant tho, it won't make nanners for ya, but still very worth it.
There's some wonderful pics in this forum of these very plants
They don't sucker or pup, unless forced to, you can cut the corm in half and both will grow, or scoop the central eye. This will make dozens of tiny pups, once the baby's have a few leaves, you can expose the corm and cut the little plants apart, they probably won't have their own roots, get a decent peice of the corm with each.
Easy on the sun til the start growing again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here