Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
musa zebrini no colour

Posted by algernon (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 29, 06 at 14:41

Hi all ,my musa zebrini has absolutley no colour at all .I am sure it is a zebrini,it has reached four feet tall and sending up suckers,it's quite spindly for a banana.Does any one have any ideas,I have tried keeping it in the sun and out of the sun.It grows quite well but is very boring to look at.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: musa zebrini no colour

Are the undersides of the leaves purple? Musa zebrina is actually Musa acuminata subspecies "zebrina." How did you come across this plant? Is it seed grown or a clone? If it is from seed, you can often find more variation than one might think. If a clone, then?? It sounds like you have changed the lighting to no effect. Mine usually get less purple color when exposed to bright light. Try to post a picture.
Steve

o
RE: musa zebrini no colour

HI Cannaz,I don't know the procedure about posting pics on this forum,I have taken a shot but hope to find out somehow,the way to post it.It was grown from seed and it is colourless underneath.I have just read your page and I see you are growing a coconut,this is one of my lifes challenges I have now had about six and they are short lived,I think about six months is my best to date.I give it all the care it needs but still no luck,the leaves go pale and usually brown off at the ends and work downwards.How long have you had yours?I keep it in a conservatory in the u.k.with a winter min of about 60 degrees.My daughter unbelievably kept hers for 8 years and lost it while away on holiday when the temp was set to come on at 45 degrees,far too low.She is no great plant lover and the care routine she gave it was...a cup of water every wednesday and never repotted it!!.I give mine all the care in the world and fail.
Do

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here