Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
height restrictions

Posted by lucid.infinity (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 17:09

And by height restrictions, I mean that our ceilings are restricting, and it's absolutely out of the question to put our plants outside. We also Do Not plan on overwintering, since we're already invested to indoor growing.

Our newest addition, the blue java I posted about earlier... was quite tall when we got it, and honestly, I thought it'd flowered already and we'd be lucky to get some pups, chop it down, and wait for the pups to grow up... That was probably not the case, since within a week of nursing it back to health, we noticed a leaf growing up from the last one. :-) Yippee happy times... Until we realize now that as the leaf grows and unfolds, it's bent a little by the ceiling. So far, we haven't noticed it damaging the leaf. I guess regardless of it all, we will still probably keep it going/growing. But I'm interested to see if anyone else has encountered this, or has any advice for panic-y people like me who cringe a little seeing it. I mean, it doesn't seem to be doing any damage yet. But if the thing does flower later this year, will it be harder to see the deformed leaf that usually comes before the bloom stalk? Will the blood stalk be impeded by the ceiling or otherwise damaged? Just curious:-) thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here