Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
firstinlastout

Is it time to cut the banana stalk of my banana tree ? Pics insid

firstinlastout
13 years ago

I bought a banana tree off Ebay about a year ago advertised as a "chiquita banana tree". It has been growing very rapidly here in South Florida as you can imagine. A few months ago the banana's started growing. I also have 3 baby plants growing around the mother plant...they are all about 3-4 feet tall. Anyhow, I was waiting to see if the bananas would get bigger...but seems they may have sent me the dwarf mini bananas, which I am upset about since I wanted regular bananas. Anyhow, when is the best time to cut the stalk off the banana fruit and let it ripen inside my house ? Reason I am asking is the fruit now has little black speckles all over and some of the bananas have split in half. One of the bananas has also became completely black at the end, sort of rotten (another pic). Is it time to cut the fruit stalk off ? I was waiting because I really thought the seller had given me true normal sized chiquita bananas you see in stores everywhere. Any insight/help is greatly appreciated !

Norm in Davie, FL

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths