Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a baby! a baby! a red zebrina baby!

Posted by embolton0620 none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 19:23

I first saw a red banana at a botanical garden and wanted one so bad. Bought one at a little roadside flower shop and it has been putting out new leaves like crazy! Well just this morning I noticed this tiny little baby! I am so extremely excited!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a baby! a baby! a red zebrina baby!

A closeup. =)

o

Mama and baby!

o

Zebrinas, though quite tropical (so not great cold tolerance), but they ARE robust bananas.

Maybe it was just mine but have not had such great luck with the 'Ruby Red' species (if you are familiar with that one).

o

Such a cute baby too! Congratulations!!

o

Gorgeous banana! I just bought one that is in horrible shape from the clearance bin at Lowes....he has nice strong roots so I am also hoping, preying and crossing stuff for a baby!

o

Congrats on your new baby!!!!

o

Nice looking mother plant. My zebrina always seems to pup like crazy, maybe 9 plants in all, but the main plant never seems to get that big.

o

Thank you all so much! I'm so happy about my baby. For those of you who have a banana also, I hope it will do great and make many babies! This is my first ever banana plant by the way. =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here