Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Both of my new banans were misrepresented.

Posted by butterfly4u 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 15:07

Hi all!
I received 2 new small bananas about 2 weeks ago and they were labeled California Gold, and Blue Java icecream plants. That is what I ordered and paid for, they came in the mail.
They were helathy and had nice little leaves, and when they grew new leaves, they were blotched with red.
Obviously, they aren't the plants that I had ordered.
Now I have 2 bananas that I don't want.
I have no idea what they are, and I have no idea if they will even give me edible fruit or not.
I already have a small musa bajoo, for decorative purposes, I wanted bananas I cut possible get to flower and have fruit.
Just wanted to vent.
I am not ordering from mail order ever again.
I have been taken for the last time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Both of my new banans were misrepresented.

Red splotched leaves does not necessarily mean that that plant is a ornamental type and will not produce edible fruit. Some younger plants will put up red splotched leaves until they get a certain size then the new leave are splotch free. My FHIA 17 has pups with the red leaves. I cant recall if my Blue Java has throw up a splotched leaf or not.

Once they get a little larger, take pictures and ask the banana.org folks what type they think they are.

DM

Here is a link that might be useful: bananas.org

o

put up a few pics and we can tell what they are. Most of the time when they have wine spots on the leaves of pups there from the cavendish group (gran nain) and will produce decent fruit given a good climate. maybe you got lucky and got a dwarf cav. and it will fruit when small

o

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android AppMike,
Here are the pics, they have grown, see the red on the outside of the stem too. I hope they are dwarf cavendish
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here