Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Try to ID my Banana plant

Posted by mightycow none (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 17:00

Here a picture of my plant, it's about 10cm tall (~4 inch).
It was called musa acumminata in the store but according to what I've read so far there is tons of different kinds of that so I'd like to know wich of them I have.

Also one of my plants recently started to loose strengh in its leaves and I can't figure what is wrong with it any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Try to ID my Banana plant

Good luck. Young Banana plants look all alike to me. I have Saba, Ice Cream,Giant Napal, and Giant Yunan that I sought out and purchased and honestly can not say for a fact is what I have. My Black Thai is my only banana I would be willing to bet is what it is because its stalk is black in color according to the published description. "They all look alike".

o
RE: Try to ID my Banana plant

Hey thanks alot for the answer anyway, maybe you have any idea on when I could be able to tell what kind it is. I actually mostly whould like to know if it is a dwarf plant and if it may fruit if I care well enough for it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here