Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with sick looking banana

Posted by bfern 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 27, 06 at 20:34

i have a large banana tree that has for the past three months been producing leaves that as soon as they emerge buckle close to where where the petole meets the psudostem causing the leaves to hang down along the trunk.
this is happennig with every new leaf and this makes the eighth one.
another banana tree close by is growing just fine.
i would have liked to attatch a picture but cannot figure out how to.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
fern

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with sick looking banana

It appears you have a stressed banana; usually if a banana has been stressed by either drought conditions or cold stress, it weakens, causing the leaves to bend at the petiole...it should still fruit for you, but it will be a substandard bunch...good luck!

o
RE: help with sick looking banana

• Posted by baci z10Ca (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 29, 06 at 8:16

Bfern, if you save a digital pic in jpg., you can upload it to photobucket. It is free to join there. Pic the first link for a hyperlink, and the second link to directly post a picture. The hyperlink can be posted on GW on the place "here is a link you might find useful." The pic can be posted directly into your text. It should show up on your preview.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here