Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
original_crawdaddy

ok, now what do i need to do

original_crawdaddy
12 years ago

hello everybody,

i just got home with a banana tree i purchased off of craigslist. i have no idea what variety it is, neither did the person i got it from. they had just moved into the house and someone told them to "get rid of that banana tree, it will be nothing but trouble". so they dug it up and stuck it in a pot and put it on craigslist. they told me it had, what appeared to them to be two more baby trees next to the main trunk, i did not varify this yet. they just covered up the "new trees" i live just outside of dallas tx in zone 8a i'm pretty sure. so i don't think i can plant it right now since it was just dug up last week. and from what i read in the forums i don't think i can chop it to force it to go dormant. so my question is, what would be the best way to "store" it till spring? it's pretty big to be in the house, but if i leave it outside i know it will freeze. i am building a greenhouse in the next couple of weeks and i'll put it out there when i get it finished. have i missed something? any suggestions would be awesome. thanks

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm