Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hey i need some help

Posted by stevenwayne 6 sw (jay.bick.bick@gmail.com) on
Sun, Oct 18, 09 at 15:46

i have well i fairly certian that i have a cavadesh most popular anyway i live where it is cold zone 5b its outside all summer and it was fine i brought it in and the leaves srated to turn brown and try it warm and humid in here i have to for my other plants it gets plenty of sun as well as artificial light it get water 2 times a week i don't want to lose it can u give me some help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hey i need some help

one thing is the leaves are light green kinda like a granny smith apple color ot is still young though so maybe i don't have a camera to take a pic though

o
RE: hey i need some help

I would cut all the leaves off and let it go semi dormant for the winter. Youc an store it in a cool basement with no light, or a garage that stays above freezing. As long as temps are within the 40-55 degree range the banana will not grow or die during the winter, and come back from where it left off next spring.

I cut my banana leaves because I cant deal with bugs anymore (they are annoying to say the least) and because I dont have alot of room and would rather use that room for plants that cant go dormant.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here