Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any mail order sources for banana fruit?

Posted by alexander3 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 5, 09 at 21:00

Hello,

I've gotten the impression that store bought bananas are quit bland compared to some of the other varieties that are grown. Are there any mail order sources that will ship different varieties of banana fruit? I'm sure shipping would be a bit pricey, but I'm really curious to taste some better bananas, 'ice cream' sounds great! I tried searching the web but came up empty.

Alex

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any mail order sources for banana fruit?

very good question

o

In other words, "bump"?
:)

o

You may want to try:
http://www.rarebananas.com/

They have a few varieties. I've never bought anything from them though. Once in awhile there are some in eBay too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here