Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mike1369_mb

How should I care this little fellow

Mike1369
9 years ago

We went down to Florida a few weeks ago and my father inlaw has a banana plant, I saw the little pups and asked I could take some home to INDIANA. I know up here I would have to do two things. One, should keep in a pot and hope it grows slowly or Two just dig it out of the pot and wrap it up until May. I'm thinking the latter, because our house isn't sunlight friendly(have windows but not good sunlight) I also don't have a grow light which Im thinking about getting one down in the basement where I keep my outside plants during the winter. Those plants are bird of paradise, palms and corn plants that don't need a great deal of light and get away with the florescent lighting I have down there and very little sunlight. I also watered once a week.

Ok so back to the banana if I keep this guy in the pot should I not water it at all or very little? The objective isn't to make this grow into a giant because I know that will happen next summer. I would like to have a head start before it goes into the ground but I just don't want it to rot if I'm watering it and its not getting its light that it needs? Does that makes sense?
Thanks for the replies and I will be glad to be clearer if I haven't been

Comments (2)