Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bearstate

Worms as Pets

bearstate
16 years ago

It was my pleasure this week to provide a child an aquaintance with my Banana Plant. Yeah, I get that way sometimes ... shed to rough exterior and well, ok ...

The young lady was blind and though that much was obvious, it was soon revealed to me that she kept worms as pets.

Well I quite naturally digressed into letting her know what worms were good for ... ie, helping to nourish plants. And soon, I pointed out that I had a Banana plant nearby and that if she wanted, she could check it out. It is my hope that I did not divert my attention too much from the discussion with her mom, but I could not help but provide her with opportunity to know as much about her surroundings as such, we by rote, take for granted. And though her mom might have worried for a moment, the Banana apparently did not mind being gently stroked and pet by such a soft and inquisitive hand.

Neither worms nor plants have eyes to see, but can I assure you that they have sense of the world around them.

I am no worse off for having given a few moments of my time and for having shared my hobby with someone who keeps worms as pets.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner