Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you divide banana 'pups'?

Posted by mersiepoo 6a Pa (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 07 at 18:30

I got two pups that are about 10 inches and 14 inches tall in the main pot, was wondering how I can divide them without hurting the 'big' banana? Thanks for any info! These are inside 'nanners so I don't want to overly stress them since it's getting cold outside. Thanks! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you divide banana 'pups'?

Personally for best results, I'd wait till spring when it gets warmer again. If you do it correctly, it wouldn't hurt now, but for best results, wait till the bananas are at their peak when it comes to growth. As for separating, the search box below is your friend. Here is a link for you tho! The first choice is a good starting point in the link below.

Separating bananas.

o

I agree with garden guy. Wait until spring when they begin to grow vigorously. The momma plany will do better and the babies will take off growing.

o

Gardenguy, thanks for the search link! :D Hopefully someday I can actually harvest real naners inside. Looks pretty easy to propagate, thanks again!

o

The best explanation I've read in this forum is in the following thread.

Click the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Separate a Banana Pup

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here