Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smittee_gw

do yall have advice or input ondwarf cavendish, -basjoo banana, -

smittee
14 years ago

My new Banana's have arrived, I believe what I have are newly rooted 'pups'. I bought them on ebay. They are about 8" tall and each have 2 leaves. I am so new to banana's but my GUESS is, these are maybe not the 'true ' leaves. Am I right?

I planted each in a one gallon pot with MIRACLE GROW potting soil. I have them in my bedroom which is fairly bright from window light.

I apologize if I post to often. I read and read but NOTHING beats human experience. The more I read HERE, the more I am convinced of this fact.

All my success is a direct result of this site. I am still reading an old thread on Nematodes that was recommended by ...Oops I can't remember, sorry.

Wow how revealing and interesting.

Anyway, these are the 5 varieties That I bought. I would love some input on each individual variety.

I have included the total instructions that came with them but I am sure each variety must have individual needs and wants...kinda like our kids..lol

thanks so very much

The instuctions that came with them said ...

."Bright indirect or fun sun. Tolerates low light. keep soil moderately moist but not wet. Fertilize every other month at half strengh. Heavy feeder if grown outdoors. Provide plenty of water. Prefers Temperatures between 70-85 degrees F"

(they gave this website)

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ST409 (I checked it out and it works)

Ssmittee

Comments (3)