Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sfhellwig

Oh no, they woke up!

sfhellwig
17 years ago

So this year was going to be my first year to overwinter. I've been on this board for a few years now and wanted to try cold storage under my house (mostly because I have no where else to put them). But this winter has been very strange so far in SE Kansas. Very warm so late into the year. So here goes: It got colder than it was supposed to one night and cold snapped the leaves. So I dug them up and cut off the leaves and put them in my garage. It was dark and then we didn't go much below freezing for several weeks. I never got around to getting them under the house when suddenly we're supposed to get like a foot of snow. So I brought them in on my back porch which is warm and bright. To my suprise one of the main p-stems shows green growth and several of the attached pups are definitely moving. These are unpotted with some of the dirt still on and no water since dug up. So this is bad right? The plants are trying to grow and are using what is supposed to be stored energy? As soon as a little more snow melts I still plan to put them in my crawl space. At which point I am still at winters mercy but does anyone have an opinion on how bad this is? Am I hurting my chances for successful overwinter? If I had the room I'd pot them up since they have no big leaves but alas I don't even have a spot for the christmas tree yet.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus