Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!!! Getting rid of aphids

Posted by diana55 zone 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 05 at 22:51

Could someone tell me what the best way to get rid of aphids off my Banana plant.I have it indoors for the winter and it just started getting, these little green bugs.Any suggestions? Thanks Diana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!!! Getting rid of aphids

Hello Diana....I have around 50 potted Angel Trumpets in a spare room of my house, last week I noticed aphids on about half of them...I searched on Googel for a cure, many different opinions on how to cure these little things....I used 1 tspn of dawn dish liquid in a qt bottle sprayer, I tryed this, but it didn't seem to effect them...So I added just a tiny bit more dawn, sprayed again and it killed all of them....There was no effect on the leaves....You may want to wait on other opinions here before you try this, I don't know what effect this will have on banana leaves....Merry Xmas, SNC299

o

Thanks!!!! I will give that a try.They are multiping by the day. I hope it works,and I'll let you know.I heard that dish soap doesn't hurt plant leaves. Thanks again!!! Diana

o

Try using a horticultural oil...it'll do the trick. Also, make sure you use a mild dish soap and not a laundry detergent type soap...Z

o

Thanks guys!!! I used the dish soap and water,and it worked great!!!All the aphids are gone.I put the dish soap and water in a spray bottle and sprayed the whole plant good. I left in on for about 2 hours,then rinsed them off.Wow,it sure worked great!!!Thanks alot!!!You saved another Banana plant.By the way I sure love this forum,and all the intelligent people on it!!!Thanks again!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here