Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swarm Retrieval

Posted by alamobeeman Texas (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 19, 07 at 13:07

I think it was this forum I as reading last week and saw talk of Lemongrass oil and Lemon Pledge. Yesterday I had a group swarm out to a small tree only about 20-30 feet from the hive. I grabbed an old box with used frames and gave it a shot of pledge on the bottom board and set it under the tree. Then I bent the tree over (I said it was small) and weighted it near the hive opening, about 2 hours later the tree was empty and the box full.

Many thanks for all the help you'll give a newbee!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swarm Retrieval

So, what, the bees were attracted to the scent of lemon?

o
RE: Swarm Retrieval

>>So, what, the bees were attracted to the scent of lemon?<<

Yes,
This is one way, you can also buy concentrated Lemon grass essential oil at some health food stores
and just put in a few drops.
Konrad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here