Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scootermom_gw

Bees in house in winter

scootermom
10 years ago

Hello there!

I just found 3 bees in my family room. Two were alive, but very lethargic, and one appeared dead. I think they are bees but will post a picture and perhaps someone could confirm that.

Any advice? I live in Northern Virginia, where it's been very cold this winter (colder than usual, though we just had a warm weekend with temps in the high 50s...but it's around 32F today).

Strange thing: they were all either on or under a mattress cover that I had recently laundered and had not yet gotten around to putting away. The mattress pad was sitting on my family room rug for a few days. I've searched the family room walls, moved some of the furniture, etc. to see if I can find where they came from but see no clues...though there is a stack of firewood over by the fireplace...could they be there? Or were they somehow living in (eeek!) in my daughter's bed? They wouldn't have survived the washer and dryer, would they?

They're probably inside my walls, aren't they? I did some quick googling and most sites say it's best to have them removed in late winter...again, any advice? I am a casual fan of bees but not in the house!

Thanks for any light you can shed!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions