Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's My First Mason Bee Hive

Posted by minkies none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 18:50

So other than needing more tubes to fill it is there anything that you see I can improve on? I went to a mason bee seminar last weekend and he told me I may need to put something like panty hose over the front come June so that the predators can't get in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's My First Mason Bee Hive

looks better than mine lol mine is just one of those small mason been boxes that you can mount on fences or on he side of the house. might want to buy some mason bee atractant to ensure they find the nesting area. Make sure to put it in an area with morning sun so the bees can warm up and become active right when the sun comes up.

Here is a link that might be useful: TheItalian Garden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here