Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Where to find a hive with peaked roof

Or just a peaked roof that will fit on standard hive boxes. My husband is the beekeeper in the family (since well before we were married, I think he started in about 1985).

Anyway, he keeps the hives off the beaten path on our 12 acres. I would love to use one of the hives that is not in use for keeping as a decorative item. I have a little spot along our very long driveway that just "needs" a little vignette of some sort and I thought a hive with plantings around it would be nice. But I really like the "English" style with a peaked roof and angles sides. I have priced these and they are way too much to spend for yard art. I would love to find a roof to use on one of our old hives, then I could paint the whole thing. I know we could just build one, but at this point I couldn't ask my husband to do that, there are just way too many projects around here that need doing to bother him with doing something like this. I was hoping to find a ready made top that I could just pay for and be done with.

Any ideas?

Annette

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor