Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
buzzing

Posted by redwind (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 21:46

I am hearing a strange buzzing sound coming from one of the walls in my house. It only lasts for about 5 minutes and I have heard it three times.
How do I know if I have bees or wasps in my walls?
Would there be other signs?
would it be a constant buzzing or would it come and go?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: buzzing

First I would go outside and see if see any bees or wasp go outside and see if you see any bees or wasp flying because they have to forage. If there are honeybees I would call a beekeeper or someone that has done bee removal before. also you would probably would hear consistent buzzing unless you make a loud noise that would cause them to buzz. Happy Beekeeping! -Alex

o
RE: buzzing

I'd check it out ASAP in case you have a short in your house wiring somewhere. But, if you poke a little hole in the wall and a bee comes out, it's probably bees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here