Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spraying insecticide on farm

Posted by Patty_Wy none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 0:00

Last year we had a horrible grasshopper population that did a lot of damage. Today my husband and I noticed the baby grasshoppers are already causing damage in our sanfoin and alfalfa fields. He thinks if the grasshoppers aren't sprayed soon they could devastate our corn and hayseed crops as well. What can I do to protect my honeybees while he is spraying these worthless pests?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spraying insecticide on farm

You can lock them up for several day's if needed.
I've never done it but been reading about, use screen and cover
bottom and top entrance, you can staple it down. I would add
shade to keep them cool and a bit dark around the entrance, perhaps leaning a piece of plywood against. Make sure you have a top hole for good ventilation.

o
RE: Spraying insecticide on farm

move them to a different area. bring them back when you think its safe for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here