Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best way to market honey? cost effective?

Posted by charlescharlotte Milledgeville,Ga (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 07 at 20:44

I HAVE 150 HIVES.BEEN IN BUSINESS 4 YEARS.I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO GET ADVICE FROM MOST SEASONED APIARIST.PLEASE ANYONE ADVISE OF PURCHASERS OF HONEY WHOLESALE? THANKS IN ADVANCE,CHARLES

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best way to market honey? cost effective?

I know you can find ads in ABJ and posible Bee Culture looking to buy honey wax and propolis. Also try posting to beesource.com. I don't have first hand experience with wholesaling honey as I only produce a few hundred pounds and easily sell it by word of mouth at a good price.good luck!

o

Could you go to a co-op and sell it there? Or maybe sell it via some farm markets? I know you say you want to sell it wholesale though.

Have you thought about renting out your hives to orchards (if you haven't done so already)?

o

Was just wondering what you've been doing with all that honey for the past four years? Obviously if you could sell retail you'd see the highest profit margin. Another possibility would be to offer it to specialty stores and niche markets if you have the bottling capabilities. You can have labels made for each customer so they could offer it as their own "brand" Anytime You can be the one who is adding the value to the product, your profit margin will go up. As far as bulk selling,do a little research, join an association or state organization. The 2 buyers listed in ABJ are Leighton's Honey in Florida (863) 422-1773 and Pure Sweet Honey Farm (608)845-9601. There were 9 ads in American Bee Journal in the upcoming July issue advertising bulk honey for sale. There was also a number if you want to take out an ad. It's 888-922-1293. Hope this might be of some help to you

o

Thanks to all You all Have helped me a great deal in my education.We have been doing the produce stands and markets.Will keep you posted on our venture and share any experiences.God Bless,Charles & Charlotte

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here