Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coachella Valley bee keeper

Posted by softmentor z9/sunset13 CA deser (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 22:31

I've been reading up on bees getting ready to start working a small number of hives. I have one wild hive here on my place that I want to start with. But what I would really like to do is work as an apprentice with an experienced bee keeper in my area. I an a small farmer, handy with tools (can make boxes) and not afraid to work. Anyone in my area willing to let me schlep along and help and learn?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coachella Valley bee keeper

Have you checked out your local bee club?
Usually allot of willing soles, down to earth guy's willing to teach a lad
like yourselves.

o

closest one is 100+ miles away,
still looking
thanks all

o

still looking
thank you
Arthur
760 485-9178
softmentor@aol.com

o

The HOA in which I am employed is interested in training maintenance employees for the removal of bee swarms and bee hives. We are looking for an experienced beekeeper in the Coachella Valley who may be willing to train and possibly work together in the relocation of bees.

o

Lisa, call me, number is above
Well, I took the plunge and got the suit, the boxes and all the accessories, put the bees in my box.... and they promptly flew the coop. Only stayed 3 days.
Any tips for helping bees want to say in their new home?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here