Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicky2122

Bumblebees

Nicky2122
9 years ago

I need some bumblebee advice. I have a backyard garden and for the last few years I have had the normal bees, wasps, and even butterflies. I try very hard not to disturb them because I know they are beneficial insects. Well, last year some bumblebees decided to move it. I don't know what it is but those things terrify me. I have a recycled pallet walkway around my garden beds and once a year I have to go through and pull weeds and move around warped boards. I was doing that yesterday and a bumblebee flew right by my face. Not a minute later it came back and landed on my shoulder. In my terror I slapped it away and ran inside (I know I shouldn't have done that.) Then later I went outside and a bumblebee flew at me before I could enter the garden gate. I am thinking I may have disturbed a nest when moving my boards? I would appreciate any and all advice. I don't want to kill them but they terrify me. To add to my terror a severe bee allergy runs in my family. I have never been stung so I am concerned that I may have that allergy. Are there any methods to keep them away without keeping away all bees? Or someway to keep them away from me? Any advice?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions