Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honey

Posted by beegood z-3 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 08 at 16:30

Well I checked my two hives today and one has 2 shallow supers full of capped honey. Not bad considering I just got them as a new pkg this spring. The other hive always was slower but is getting there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honey

sounds great. I've had pretty good luck with packages in the past also.

o

Beegood,.. this is good and fun!

Today, I have extracted 5 deep supers of 3 hives, [from my stronger 5 hives]
The hives I have wintered over, some with new queens from last years swarm did the best.
Beegood,
Have you tried wintering over?
Where are you located?...I see you're in the same province.
Konrad

o

Yes I have wintered . My last hive (I had only one ) was doing fine till late fall. I fed but began to wonder why the food wasn't being eaten or no bees flying around. I checked and every last one of them had flown off somewheres.This was in late September.So didn't have any bees last year and missed them here I go again. So far so good.I live north of Sherwood Park along the Old Man Creek.That was one nice swarm you got.There are hives down the road from me but I never see a swarm or even hear one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here