Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosegarden3

Digger bees? what to do?

rosegarden3
13 years ago

As I was cutting the grass yesterday I looked up and seen about 10 of these bees flying around near the ground where I had just cut. They seem to have a nest in the ground near my apple trees. This is the first time I have seen them, and this is the first year that my young apple trees are producing well. I'm not interested in harming them if they do not harm us. I have 2 young kids(8 & 10), they do not play in that area of the yard, and I have told them to stay away. However I do not know much about bees as to how they will react to us. I was surprised when I was not 5 feet from them and they did not come after me with the lawnmower running. So I'm assuming they are not aggressive. However I'm worried that if one of my kids gets too close and gets stung, will the rest come after them? I'm assuming that they are the reason my apple trees are doing so well this year, and don't want to harm them. So my biggest question is, should I leave them alone? Could they become a problem with my kids?

Sorry the pictures are not very clear, but my camera wanted to focus on the grass not the bees, and I had to crop it so you could see it.

{{gwi:432874}}

{{gwi:432875}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored