Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barnabus_gw

Brood Chambers

Barnabus
19 years ago

Hello:

I hope someone is out there to get this message haven't seen to many postings lately and i'm in real trouble.

While trying to put Apistan strips in my hive this morning i was unable to seperate the top brood chamber from the bottom one.

About half of the frames in the top bax were stuck to the top of frames in the bottom box. When i tried to take the top off the bottom frames were pulling up out of the bottom box

I wasn't strong unough to lift them straight up and out. I wouldn't have know what to if i could. I certainally didn't want to slide them sideways to break them loose. Is there anyone that has experianced this? What did you do to get the two apart? I'm afraid to move them around to much in fear of killing the queen. I have had to replace her one time this year. I've lost my hive two straignt winters and have had a devil of a time getting this one this far.If it were not for advise from this forum i probally would have already lost this one.

I can't find anyone around here that is willing to help a newby with only one hive. You have to be an expert and belong to all the clubs and i can't afford that. My son helps some but he is extremely afraid of them.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Barnabus

Comments (2)

Sponsored