Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

ouch

Marie Tulin
16 years ago

Ok, I can just imagine the eyes rolling about a post about getting stung. But jeeze, that hurt! My fault, I aggravated them. The first sting, I flicked out the stinger the way I'd been shown and venom was minimal and stopped hurting in a few minutes. But the second came so fast, I don't remember what I did, but I got a dose. That mother stung so badly for an hour I wanted to cry, then both hurt and got numb for hours, and was stiff after that.

I'm sorry two bees died because of my thoughtlessness, but there is One Smarter Beekeeper here.

Comment (1)

• tonybeeguy
    16 years ago

So Marie, You are now initiated into the world of beekeeping. Did you get them on the hands? Stings do hurt. If I get it on the tip of the finger, which they seem to like or bottom of the foot(don't ask) I don't usually swell up but places like the knee or arm and I do. The thing I don't like is the itching. A friend got into keeping this year and has taken many stings so far for various reasons from not wearing any protection (she does now), not wanting to use smoke, or not being patient enough to wait for a good day to open the hive. But I've got to hand it to her, she's not afraid, she's determined, and she is learning a lot.

Sponsored