Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sinimat

Solution to CCD

sinimat
16 years ago

I think I stumbled across a solution to colony collapse disorder. I have many flowering trees in my backyard and would find, on average, about 5 dead bees in my driveway on a daily basis. This was until I discovered something called orgonite. I placed a bunch of orgonite on my property and have not had any dead bees since.

Just yesterday, I found a bee that was alive on the ground and was getting attacked by ants. So, I picked it up and put in on a table in the sun. I thought it would die, but it eventually flew away.

Orgonite transmutes any negative, destructive electromagnetic fields, into positive, life supporting energetic fields. It is very simple to make yourself or could be purchased very cheaply. A good introduction to orgonite can be found at: http://www.orgonite.info/

I would suggest that all beekeepers, everywhere, place a piece of ogonite by every beehive.

Comments (12)

• jean001
    16 years ago

Bees have a very brief life. They spend about 3 weeks within the hive and another 3 weeks outside it. Thus, you can see dead bees all season long.

As for the "recovered" bee, how do you know it survived longer than it took to leave the area? Or did the ants, or other creatures, carry off the carcass?

• ccrb1
    16 years ago

the title of this thread is downright irresponsible.

• russh_nepa
    16 years ago

And since nobody yet knows what causes CCD, how is it that you could, by any remote stretch of imagination, believe that this could be a solution. How EXACTLY does it SOLVE CCD?????? Of course, bluer skies! Holy Handgrenades, Batman. That must be the answer! LOL

I use this site to get valuable knowledge from experienced beekeepers. Why do people put this nonsense out here? Is there a moderator to get rid of this junk?

• tonybeeguy
    16 years ago

I think this same message was posted on beesource and got hammered pretty hard. Some march to the beat of a different drummer.

• thisbud4u
    16 years ago

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

I'm willing to bet that none of you folks who are criticizing the orignal poster have even tried his experiment. So, who's being irresponsible here? Dr. Wilhelm Reich may have been a madman, but he was also a genius. This "etheric" energy stuff may indeed be real. Looks like the experiment is very easy to carry out. I'd like to know exatly how the original poster created his organite. How big is each piece? How many layers of fiberglass and steel wool are used?

• russh_nepa
    16 years ago

thisbud4u,

The title claims a "solution to CCD". When someone is selling snake oil to cure cancer I throw up a red flag. This group doesn't seem to be trying to sell anything. That is unusual. But the rest of the story has all the appearance of a hoax. The poster may have good intentions, but that is not the point.

The current best "solution to CCD" appears to be to raise your bees as naturally as possible. Reduce stress levels. Use local survivor queens. Keep varroa levels in check. Etc. i.e. integrated pest management. I won't hold my breath waiting for a magic bullet. And, I certainly won't start throwing a bunch of unproven "cures" at them!

Russ

• beelover
    16 years ago

exactly how would organite kill IAPV (israeli acute paralysis virus) that is being the attributing factor to CCD? the best preventative method for not getting CCD is to open your hive up down to the brood chamber, and pee in it. if you believe that go ahead and get some organite too.

• cpp6318
    16 years ago

Beelover, As a new beekeeper, I am willing to try just about anything to keep my girls happy and healthy. My question to you is how am I supposed to get IT out to pee without getting stung?

• thisbud4u
    16 years ago

Pity that sinimat didn't reply to my questions. I fully agree with the sceptics that CCD, which has been traced to a virus, is unlikly to be "cured" by this newfangled stuff "organite". BUT, I refuse to criticize the poster until/unless I actually try it. Now, if someone suggests a cure that is downright dangerous, then I'll pass, but this organite stuff seems to be harmless at least, and potentially helpful at best. I would caution would-be scientists from contradicting geniuses, and Wilhelm Reich was most certainly a genius by any standard, with all the flaws that come with that moniker. Kindly remember that many agriculturalists ridiculed that madman-genius Rudolf Steiner when he proposed his "BioDynamic" method of farming. Those same scientists had to eat humble pie when rigorous scientific trials proved Steiner's methods to be the most productive method of farming over reps and locations. It is not entirely inconceivable that Reich's seemingly bizarre ideas will be similarly vindicated.

• cpp6318
    16 years ago

thisbud4u,
    Yes I'm a sceptic about the Organite. I don't think for a minute that it is a cure for ccd, but you are absolutly on the right track. Our best and brightest scientists of yester-year used to beleive that the world was flat. While again, I think this guys full of it, I hope he's right and comes back to prove it. I'm willing to be wrong if it's to my benifit.

• beelover
    16 years ago

cpp6318, don't worry about it getting stung, your old lady will thank you later and will probably request additional stings at a later time.

• cpp6318
    16 years ago

Yeah right, she'd be glad to see me swollen and in pain 'cuase i'd quit pestering her for a few days. But not to worry, beelover, there's some new stuff out there called organite that will cure all kinds of collapse disorders!