Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gimme3steps

Where did they go ?

Gimme3Steps
18 years ago

I'm just curious, not wanting to be alarmed, just yet, but it sorta does trouble me a little. This Spring, and all the way up into the Summer, till around say, the end of July, my garden was abuzz with many pollenators. Inclusive in the group were Many...honeybees. I have Field peas, lima beans, okra, butterpeas, these crops are in Full/Steady bloom, but i dont see ANY honeybees, lately. Is it possible that they have simply migrated to better sources of nectar, and if that is likely the case, i'm in Northeast Georgia, near Athens...what sources would they now most likely be visiting en masse ? No pesticides used here in 5 years, other than Spinosad. Do bees sometimes take a Break from foraging, an..say, devote a lot of time towards hive improvements ? Got plenty of other insects, jus no honeybees. Does hot weather drive them back into the forests, utilizing trees in Bloom instead of field crops ? They've had a mighty plentiful Season of opportunity, i'm jus wonderin why they quit visitin here.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH