Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bees Diving at Me

Posted by tucker303 z5CO (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 2, 10 at 16:30

My neighbor set up a hive of honey bees this past spring. I was looking for to that as I have lots of flowers and I do not mind them much. But it seems that I have an issue of a few bees diving at me relentlessly. And my dog. The weather is wonderful today for the first time in awhile and I wanted to sit out back but can't.

I assume this is happening from her bees as it never happened before and I THINK they are coming from that direction.

Is there anything I can do except surround myself with smoke or sit under a sprinkler, that will make it possible to enjoy the outdoors...like some scent or something that annoys them? We live in the city and our yards are not huge but the hive is located at the other side of her yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bees Diving at Me

How many yards from the hive to your yard? Is it legal to have hives?...One or two hive's should normally not cause a problem, you're at the peak of the population of honey bees, from now on they will dwindle down rapidly and cold will come around in no time when they hardly fly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bees and Beekeeping Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here